2022 Belly dancer usa rules and information
- Deadline is May 15, 2022.
- Entries accepted on first come first serve basis until category is full.
- Dancers may enter more than one category.
- Categories with less than 3 entries, may be canceled.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable, no exceptions. Contestants are not
considered fully registered and entered until all fees are paid in full.
- All music must be received by May 15th, 2022. All music must be on 1 track in MP3 format. Please send music to music.BDUSA@gmail.com
- Title track must be dancer name and category (Example: CassandraRose-BellyDancerUSA)
- Maximum time limits for each category are listed on the category page.
- Music must be Middle Eastern except for in the following categories. Seven Veils, Fusion (both Pro and Non Pro), Troupe and Duet.
- Dance positions are assigned on a first come first served basis at the time of registration. Dancers may select to go in the beginning, middle, end of the category. Lineup is determined by contest staff based on number of entries in the category. You are not guaranteed to dance in the order you requested, but staff will try to schedule according to the requested time slot.
- Dancers must check in with contest staff at least one hour prior to their category.
- Dancers must be "on deck" for the performance before them.
- If a dancer is not ready to perform in their designated time slot, they will be disqualified from the category.
- Dancer may start on or off stage. All dancing must be done on stage. No entering or exiting through the audience.
- Staff will disqualify, with no refund, any contestant who appears intoxicated or mistreats anyone involved in the competition, including contestants, audience or volunteers.
- All participants of the Belly Dancer USA 2022 Competition authorize the use of photos and video for educational and promotional purposes.
- Winning competitors agree to use the title of their category correctly for publicity purposes. They also agree to uphold the image of Belly Dancer USA to the best of their ability.
- Competitors assume all responsibility and liability for themselves and all personal property.
- Contestants will be given their scoresheets after awards have been presented in their category.
- Scoresheets are available for review before competing.
- We believe in the ability and integrity of all of our judges. If you have concerns, please direct all questions to info.BDUSA@gmail.com.
VENDORS - MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
- 10x10 or 100 square feet of space $160.00
- One table or rack $80.00
- Deadline for vendors is May 15, 2022 or until full whichever comes first. Contact our vendor support at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The closest Airport to Salem is Portland International (PDX).
- Salem is approximately an hour south of Portland along the I5 corridor.
VIDEOS: No recording of dancers is allowed by private parties. Audience members caught recording/videotaping will be asked to stop filming or to leave the theater. No flash photography